Meet the trustees
Our Board of Trustees, led by Sharon Austen, is composed of a mix of lay professionals and clinical experts who each bring a unique set of skills and experiences.
The Board of Trustees is advised on research applications and priorities for support by research advisors from the Torbay and South Devon health and care community. These are typically clinician’s with a track record in research.
The Board meets three times a year to decide on main grant applications and fellowships. Ian McKenzie applications are agreed at the Board meeting and can also be submitted and agreed between meetings.
Our trustees do not get paid for the work they do for us.
- Sharon Austen
Sharon is the Chair of the Torbay Medical Research Fund’s Trustees. Sharon is also a partner at Francis Clark LLP and works as part of the healthcare team advising GPs and others in the healthcare sector.
- Tom Parry. Tom has recently joined the charity as a Trustee.
- Chris Linton. Chris is a partner in Wollen Michelmore and is part of the Private Client Department.
- Mr Seamus MacDermott. Seamus is a urology consultant working at Torbay Hospital.
- Dr Jonathan Goldman. Jon is a recently retired respiratory consultant who has worked for many years at Torbay.
- Charlie Siegle. Charlie is the honorary secretary for the Trust Fund and has been a trustee since 2013. Charlie is a partner in Kitsons specialising in probate matters.
The Board is supported by a group of clinical advisors who have research interests in a diverse range of areas. Their work is voluntary and they bring a richness of research experience to the meetings. Demi-Lee Parker works as the Fund administrator and Jane Johns as Treasurer.